The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot are 5-year pilot programs that let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada with the goal of becoming permanent residents.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least three years’ work experience in either childcare or senior care.
- Proficiency in English – At least Canadian Language Benchmarks level 5 in these four areas: listening, speaking, reading, and Writing.
- Your test results from the following list must be less than two years old at the time that we receive your application:
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)
- CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
- You must get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from an approved organization. An ECA is used to check that your completed foreign educational credential is valid and equal to a completed Canadian one-year post-secondary education credential or higher. This can be a degree, diploma, certificate or other proof of your education.